Thursday, September 8, 2011

VMworld summary

After an exciting, bumpy trip back to my office from Las Vegas, I had a chance to think a bit more about what I saw on the show floor. As I suspected before coming to VMware’s bash, what was being demonstrated centered on the following topics:

  • Desktop virtualization including managing and delivering virtual desktops for individuals, delivering desktop access to a range of devices and delivering access to cloud-based virtual machines
  • Management for virtual systems (desktop and server) that included provisioning, ongoing management and automation to achieve service level agreements.
  • Cloud computing in general

It was very clear that VMware has developed a dynamic and active ecosystem for its products.

I also heard grumbles about VMware’s pricing model that has only softened in tone slightly since VMware updated its pricing model.

falkirk|costco|gma|a dance with dragons|lea michele

No comments:

Post a Comment