Friday, August 26, 2011

Where Are They Now? Sarah & Freddie

Remember watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer every Thursday nights?  Remember the good old classic fisherman horror flick I Know What You Did Last Summer?  Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. were known as the "it" couple in the late 90's along with Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe.  After a decade of success, what ever happened to these actors?  All we see ever see these days are Disney "stars", who keep shooting out like gumballs!  To see what Sarah and Freddie have been up to, keep reading below!

 

Blast from the Past:

Sarah was best known for playing Buffy Summers in the vampire hit show Buffy The Vampire Slayer in 1997-2003.  During her successful rise, she teamed up with Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr in the mega popular horror flick I Know What You Did Last Summer.  Freddie on the other hand, was best know for his teen comedy flicks where the majority of the time we see him play the popular good-looking stud, such as in: She's All That, Head Over Heels, and Summer Catch.  In 2002, they reunited on-screen in Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.

 

They both met in 1997 while filming I Know What You Did Last Summer but didn't start dating until the year 2000.  In 2002, Freddie and Sarah got married in Mexico and marking their 5 year marriage, Sarah changed her last name to Prinze in 2007.  On September 19th, 2009, they had their first newborn baby named Charlotte Grace Prinze.

 

"I'm not going back to work anytime soon. I'll only have my first child once and see these milestones once. I can't imagine not being there. We're (she and husband Freddie Prinze Jr.) just taking it one day at a time. I'm such a cliché right now, but she is the greatest gift that anyone has ever given me, and I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to do right by her. What still overwhelms me is the reality that we created this life together, and now we are responsible for her. She is here; she is ours. I'd say that makes us pretty lucky, indeed." -Sarah on her baby

 

"I will be the best father you've ever seen. I will win father of the year everytime. And Sarah will be the most fantastic mother." -Freddie

 

SarahMGBabyWhere Are They Now?

At the moment, Sarah is taking a mini break from filming, as her and Freddie have officially become parents, they hope to start their family and live a normal life with Charlotte.  However, late last year, Sarah filmed a new pilot for a new tv show titled The Wonderful Maladys, which hopefully gets picked up for a full season! Meanwhile, Freddie has signed on to play Cole Ortiz in the hit action series 24 and will appear in 24 episodes. Congrats to the couple! Hopefully they will return to our tv screens once they've settled down.

 

So what other stars have been M.I.A. for a while? Let us know and we'll track them down!


TRIVIA: Did You Know...?

- Sarah went to high school with Tara Reid, Jerry O'Connell and MaCauley Culkin.
- Favorite Singer: Mariah Carey

- Freddie auditioned for the role of Stu in Wes Craven's horror flick: Scream (1996)
- He collects: Comic books

kobe bryant|alison brie|goog|gma|hawaii five o

No comments:

Post a Comment